Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Letter From Samara

Hello. My name is Ava, and I'm guest posting on Sam's blog while she is in basic training. Sam and I worked together in Las Vegas for almost three years. It wasn't long before she became like my little sister.



The original plan was for her to mail me her blog posts, and in turn I would post them here for her. I received a letter from her today. While it seems more of a personal letter rather than a blog post, I was so excited to hear from her that I wanted to share it with all of you.

There was a note of encouragement emblazoned on the back (Click the images to enlarge them):



The letter reads as follows:

26 JULY 2009

Ava,

OMG! There's so much going on here. I don't know if I'll be able to actually write anything decent. I really have no time to write, but a ton to talk about. Just know that I'm doing well; just stressed.

I love you. I will start writing you more. I'll write a little every night; I haven't b/c I've been so tired. I'm supposed to graduate September 3rd.

That's all I got for now. It's kind of hard to write stuff today--it's making me too sad.

Love,
Sam


Check out that first class stationary:




And envelope to match!



The return address on the envelope is:

SR BUSH, SAMARA C.
DIV 311 SHIP 14
RECRUIT TRAINING COMMAND
3410 SAILOR DR.
GREAT LAKES, IL 60088-3510

She did not specify whether or not she could receive mail at this address, but I'm sure as heck gonna try. I'm sure she'd love to hear from us all. If you post comments, I will send them with her letter.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting that, Ava! I've been so concerned and I hope she's well and I can't wait until she's back! She was my best friend through High School and I think about her every day. Seeing her handwriting made me smile bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica. Not a problem...definitely my pleasure. I, like you, had been wondering how she was doing until I received her letter. I have another one going up pretty soon. So glad this made you smile. I will pass your comment onto Sam. Write her a letter if you have time...she can receive mail. Take care. ~Ava

    ReplyDelete