Friday, January 20, 2012

Wow, the passage of time...

Dear friends,
It has been what seems like forever since I wrote anything on here. I was just through my old posts and saw that I last updated this blog before I even went to Boot Camp. Now, I'm out of the Navy, and on my way to get an MBA. Yes, I did get out of the Navy early, but I did receive an honorable discharge. Turns out the Navy wasn't for me, although I do cherish my experiences (good and bad) because it taught me things about myself I might not have figured out as quickly or at all. I don't want to get into the details of my trials and tribulations that brought about my separation because the circumstances still cause me some pain, and I'm working through that.
On a lighter note, I have gotten beyond the "I don't want to do anything because EVERYTHING is hard or a pain" stage, and have gotten a consolidation loan for my embarrassingly high credit card debt and am soon to start that MBA program I mentioned. Other nice things have come my way as well, and while I currently live a pretty boring daily life, my basic needs are met and then some. I live with my grandmother and am within walking distance of my immediate family, so love abounds. I currently have ample time to get my financial issues in order and have made a plan that is already working. I also have been reading lots; everything from fitness magazines to true crime to self-help, and it has all been very enjoyable. The quiet calmness of my life right now is just what I needed, and I am so thankful for unemployment compensation so that I can live decently while searching for a job.
I can't promise I will write here regularly, but maybe I'll get more motivated as time goes by.
Love,
Samara

No comments:

Post a Comment